EREAFS is committed to creating an environment in which the Safety wellbeing and participation of all children and young people are paramount.
The Centre Education Programme
We are a small secondary school in Kingston that offers educational pathways for young people in grades 7-12 who have difficulty accessing school for a variety of reasons. We work with young people to:
- Improve cognitive and academic skills
- Enhance social and emotional competency
- Strengthen cultural and spiritual life
- Find employment or further training
Flexible Learning Choices
Our program focuses on the individual through:
- Small learning groups
- Negotiated learning experiences that support social and emotional needs as well as academic skills
- Strong relationships between young people and adults
- Emphasis on community
Is Centre Ed for you?
- You’re ready to try school again
- You want to make a fresh start
- You’re bored with doing nothing
- You want to reconnect with young people your age in a learning environment
Yes, we are a school!
What will we learn about?
Our educational programme addresses and incorporates:
- Ideas and interests of each young person
- Queensland Curriculum
- Australian Curriculum
- Skills and Training
- Health and wellbeing
- Digital skills
- Your community and world
- Outdoor adventure based learning
With some fun along the way!
We operate on four common ground principles:
RESPECT PARTICIPATION SAFE & LEGAL HONESTY
These principles allow each of us to be our best and guide how our school community works together.
They are used by everyone in the school to encourage learning, build positive relationships and resolve conflict peacefully.