The young people who attend our schools have typically experienced one or more significant and complex educational, social, developmental, psychological, health, legal or familial situations which demand unique responses. Such interventions are embedded within an educational framework but also typically involve medical, multidisciplinary, legal and/or social support personnel network systems.
Each flexible learning centre is a registered school and offers educational pathways for young people in years 7-12 who have difficulty accessing mainstream school for a variety of reasons. They work with young people to:
• improve cognitive and academic skills
• enhance social and emotional competency
• strengthen cultural and spiritual life
• help find employment or further training
• build community connection